At Geeks.bet we encourage our users to always play responsible and within their means. We understand that sometimes, gambling can become an issue and for this, we tried to come up a list of guidelines and signs to help you out.
A set of guidelines that will ensure online betting will remain an enjoyable leisure activity
- Only bet the money you can afford to lose. Don’t bet money you don’t have or borrowed money.
- Remember that online betting comes with a risk. There is no such thing as a “safe bet”.
- Always keep track of your playing funds and never chase loses.
- Keep track of your time spent betting.
- Never bet while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
How to spot if you have a gambling problem
A list of the most common and recognizable signs that point to a gambling problem
- You never quit while you’re winning and always continue gambling having a strong belief you can win even more.
- You always chase your losses, trying to regain what you’ve just lost.
- You lose your sense of time, and spend more time gambling than you let your family or friends know.
- You lie to your friends or family, and are easily annoyed or upset when someone asks you about it.
- You think you lost because you didn’t make the right choice or applied the correct strategy.
If you recognize even one of the signs listed above, then you might be suffering from a gambling problem. Being totally honest about this is of utmost importance as recognising and diagnosing the problem is the first step to recover.
Tools and Organizations that can help
The most effective tools to tackle a gambling addiction come from the operators themselves. These are not “cures” and are not intended to help you go over your gambling addiction but to help you better track your betting habits or put an immediate stop to it.
- Reality Check: most operators offer “Reality checks” that will help you keep track of your time spent betting.
- Deposit Limits: set your own daily, weekly, monthly deposit limit. An easy way to keep your playing funds under control.
- Self-exclude: this is one of the most powerful tools at your disposal. You can ask the operator to stop you from logging in for a certain amount of time.
- Completely Block access to betting websites: there are tools – such as Optenet Pc Web Filter that can block your computer access to all know betting websites altogether.
Organizations that can help you spot or tackle your gambling addiction.