Manny Pacquiao marked his entry in the esports field with Team Pacquiao GG (TPGG)
Former world champion in boxing and now senator in the Philippines, just launched his new esports team, with great expectations. Team Pacquiao GG the new threat in esports The purpose of Manny Pacquiao is to “become the pound for pound esports heavyweights of Southeast Asia” More and more sportive, former athletes and superstars invest in […]
Former world champion in boxing and now senator in the Philippines, just launched his new esports team, with great expectations.
- Team Pacquiao GG the new threat in esports
- The purpose of Manny Pacquiao is to “become the pound for pound esports heavyweights of Southeast Asia”
- More and more sportive, former athletes and superstars invest in the esports industry and make their teams
Manny Pacquiao aka “PacMan” is a Filipino politician and one of the greatest professional boxers of all time.
Pacquiao’s team, Team Pacquiao GG, is a new competitive esports team. The goals of the team are to become a major force in the international esports leagues. The team will have 5 top players with different esports games experience.
“Today, we are launching Team Pacquiao to sow the seed of Filipino excellence in international esports competitions. Our purpose is to become the pound for pound esports heavyweights of Southeast Asia through community engagements, professional teams, content creation, and charitable giving”. – Manny Pacquiao
He already knows the esports scene, as he has already participated in several esports tournaments, most of them in the MOBA game: Mobile Legends. Manny Pacquiao also mentioned in a conference “rapidly growing sporting industry that is generating employment and business opportunities around the world”
Pacquiao is the only eight-division world champion in the history of boxing and has won twelve major world titles. He also entered politics in 2010 and officially declared his candidacy in the 2022 Philippine presidential election. Besides these, Manny Pacquiao was the head coach and a player for the Philippine Basketball Association team, starred in movies and had released multiple PARI-certified platinum albums and songs.
From Sport to Esports
Pacquiao is not the only athlete who made his way in the esports scene recently, more an
- Rodger Saffold offensive lineman at Los Angeles Rams and entrepreneur is the proud owner of the team Rise Nation, esport team competing in COD tournaments
- Shaquille O’Neal, former NBA superstar, invested in NRG ESports along with baseball players Alex Rodriguez and Jimmy Rollins. The team they invested in is active in the League of Legends and CS:GO video game competitions.
- RONALDINHO, former football superstar, became the official brand ambassador of SCUF Gaming in 2019. Thereafter, he established his own esports team, R10, which he named after his initials and jersey number.