Overwatch 2 PVP Beta is finally here!
Starting April 26th at 11am PT, Blizzard allows selected players to battle in the new Overwatch 2 PVP Beta. The players will begin to receive invites to join the PvP Beta throughout the day. Quick Overview Only players who got an official invitation from Blizzard team can access Overwatch 2 PVP at first; You can […]
Starting April 26th at 11am PT, Blizzard allows selected players to battle in the new Overwatch 2 PVP Beta. The players will begin to receive invites to join the PvP Beta throughout the day.
- Only players who got an official invitation from Blizzard team can access Overwatch 2 PVP at first;
- You can get the chance of playing it by getting an invitation or by watching streamers on Twitch;
- The game is available on PC for now, but the future seems more promising;
- You can play it in specific regions such as: North America, Europe, Brazil, Korea, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia;
- Overwatch 2 PVP Beta is up for testing until 17th May.
How can you get to play the Overwatch 2 PVP Beta?
There are two ways in which you can get an invitation and enjoy the new game. First is by chance, you have to sign up on the official Overwatch site and hope for the best. You have to sign up with the same email address you have for your Blizzard (battle.net) account.
Refresh your email
If you get lucky, you receive an invitation via email. You will get a welcome email from the Overwatch team with instructions on how to gain access to the build. The first selected players should all receive access on the first day. But Blizzard announced that they might extend and allows more players to enjoy the game in the following days.
Watch streamers on Twitch
The second option you can try is by the classic Twitch method, but only on 27th April. The steps are pretty easy and the chances are higher than waiting for an email invitation.
- Make a Twitch account and link it with your Blizzard account. You can do that in the settings of your account at the “Connections” menu, and you’ll see the battle.net option there.
- Wednesday 27th April, a day after the release, you have to watch 4 hours of a verified streamer from Blizzard’s official list that plays the game. Some of the streamers are LuLuLuvely, XQC, Pokimane, KATIE, or Asmongold. The limited-time campaign begins at 10:00AM PT and lasts until 6:00PM PT.
- You also must have an Overwatch licence associated. If you don’t already own Overwatch, you will still be able to access the build through a free trial that will be offered throughout the PvP Beta.
Once the drop is rewarded, you can log into your Battle.net account to start the magic. After that, click on the Overwatch icon, then navigate to the Game Version menu on the bottom left and select “Overwatch 2 Technical Beta”.
What’s new in Overwatch 2 PVP Beta?
Firstly, the version is exclusive to PC, meaning it will not be available on any console yet. Blizzard announced that they will work on this matter, but for now, you can only get on your PC. You can also try the new hero, Sojourn, 4 new maps and a new Push Mode. The game is also restricted to 5v5 players only and has some cool heroes reworks.
The new maps are:
- Circuit Royal – New Escort Map
- Midtown – New Hybrid Map
- Toronto – New Push Map
- Rome – New Push Map
The beta version can be played only in North America, Europe, Brazil, Korea, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia. Overwatch PVP Beta is available only until 17th May.